10 Things To Do Now That There’s Nothing To Do
It’s January. The Christmas and Hannukah holidays are over. New Year’s Eve has come and gone, along with the various “hair of the dog” parties the hardcore crowd hosts the next day (black-eyed peas, collard greens and bloody marys). The college bowl games are behind us, the big, bad Polar Vortex is now harassing Canada and we’ve all gone back into the day-in, day-out routine of work. Nothing left to do but wait for summertime since, after all, not only is the weather bad, but nothing loafworthy happens before Memorial Day. Right?
Not so fast, there, Loafers. As always, a little laziness goes a long way, so let’s do a little research now and see what we can come up with. Below, you’ll find 10 things to do now that we are in the time of year where there is nothing to do.
1. 30-A Songwriter’s Festival – January 17 – 19
2. Gasparilla Pirates Fest – January 25
3. Super Bowl Parties – February 02
4. Valentine’s Day – February 14
5. Academy Awards Parties – March 02
6. Mardi Gras – This may be the longest lasting party of the year. Fat Tuesday (the big one) is March 04 this year, but Mardi Gras technically starts each year on January 06 (the Feast of the Epiphany).
7. Bike Week – March 07 – 16
8. St. Patrick’s Day – March 17
9. Spring Break – Dates vary wildly from school to school.
10. New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival – April 25 – May 04
Well, well, well. Whaddaya say now? Think this might keep us loafing while waiting for the high temperatures, backyard grilling and bathing suits to come back into the picture? Of course, we’ll hit each of these in more detail when the time comes, but the list should give you a few ideas.
Tune in shortly for more info on the first of the events above—the 30-A Songwriter’s Festival.